Re: More on tnsping and TCP/IP connection problems

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:20:27 +0200

"Cory Phillips" <cory_at_localhost.localdomain> >

> However, none of
> the networking components work. From SQL/Net Easy config if I hit the
> "TEST" button it causes a Windows invalid page fault. If I try to use
> the ODBC driver from an application, it causes an invalid page fault.
> If I try tnsping80.exe it also causes an invalid page fault. If I try
> to use SQL/Plus the same thing happens.

Do you have an IP protocol stack installed on your system? Do you use a fix IP address schema or DHCP? Have you tested that? Is your network card working correctly? No hardware errors? Have you checked System/Device Manager for any hardware problems? Have you run Microsoft's Diagnostics (msinfo32.exe)?

--
Billy