OCI App Development Question - linking

From: nobody <somescum_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 02:16:12 GMT

I'm trying to determine if I need to be concerned about the de-support of non-deferred linking in version 9.x OCI. I have looked at the source code for the OCI app in question. It's written in MS VC++ with MFC. In order to call OCI API functions, we are calling a LoadLibrary function to load OCIW32.DLL in to memory. Then we check to see if the necessary functions are available in the DLL, in which case we set some pointers to their memory address. We are loading OCIW32.DLL from the local Windows client's %ORACLE_HOME%\BIN. When we compile and link the EXEs and DLLs in Visual Studio, we are not linking any Oracle OCI libraries as far as I can tell. Does this de-support of non-deferred linking have any application to my situation?

TIA For Your Reply.
-Bill Received on Mon Sep 10 2001 - 21:16:12 CDT