Long RAW form ont table to another IN 8.0.4

From: François Bourdages <francois.bourdages_at_mobilair.qc.ca>
Date: 10 Sep 2001 12:04:38 -0700

Hi ,

I want to insert into another table long RAW data that is in a first one.

I tried the COPY command in sql plus, with the result : "ora-00932 inconsistent datatypes". Not working.

the insert into tableA (fieldx) select field_longRAW from tableB doesnot work. I get the message : "illegal use of long".

i tried to export the table in 8.1.6 (with exp80) and use the TO_LOB function to convert de long_raw columns, and export the table (exp80) to ahave a dump to put in the 8.0.4 instance, but when i do the exp80 in the 8.1.6 instance , i get an "ora-00904 invalid column name"

Do you have idea to make this append ?
is it possible with pl/sql ? thanks Received on Mon Sep 10 2001 - 14:04:38 CDT