Re: Query does not complete

From: Svend Jensen <svend_at_oraclecare.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 20:07:50 +0200

Keith

"Session Logical Reads” means reads from the buffer cache, reading cached blocks.
Why does it stop reading? A few sugestions. The query ran out of temp (sort) space,
session owner has mistakenly got SYSTEM as temp tablespace, maxextents exceeded?,
forgot some or all of the where clause => generating cartisian product, resource manager
invoked and logical/physical reads, cpu time exhausted.... Anyway - check the alert log file - there is most likely a hint or a trace file hidden there.
Or set sql_trace=true, run query, analyze trace file.

/Svend Jensen