Re: Oracle Install on Suse Problem ORA-27101 Error

From: YYZZ <Net_at_Net.Net>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:36:01 GMT

Yes, thank you. I did notice that, on page 5 of the Oracle 9i quick installation procedure notes, using the "echo SEMMSL_VALUE ......" command.

Now, my thinking (this could be the problem, thinking) is that in either case, the same objective is accomplished, setting the Memory and Semaphore parameters to the necessary values, hence the reason i included the output from"IPCS -l". Again, I installed Oracle with that Kernel, started the listener, and connected to it using SQLPlus with the Scott account. It was only after the reboot that this problem occured.

Is my thinking not correct? Thank you for your input.