Corrputed Export files - Can you retrieve Data from partial DMP files

From: Raymond Craig <raymond.craig_at_baesystems.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:15:04 +0100

Hi

IM in a bit of a predicament at the moment.

I was running an Export from the database on Thursday night and the controller card on the server descided to pack-in causing the export to crash half way through.
(incidently I was writing over the previous nights backup (I Know ! I Know !)).

The DMP files that I now have are of different dates. The only files that are of any relevance are DMPs 1 & 2

Looking through the log file I noticed that the Schema and data I have to retrieve is contained in DMP 1.

Is there any way of extracting the Data from the DMP files.

I have tried Psuedoing the DMP files but all I get is BAD HEADER INFO.

Please help,
Cause when I tell users that the data I have managed to recover is over a week old I'll be as welcome as a Fart in a spacesuit.

Big Thanks in advance !

Ray Received on Mon Sep 10 2001 - 06:15:04 CDT