Re: Tablescan or TableSPACEscan

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 09:51:09 +0100

You are right.
If Oracle will scan all extents of the table it finds the information as to the physical location of these from the data dictionary. It does not scan the tablespace.
If on the other hand it uses an index access path then the rowid gives the physcal location of the row on disk.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA