Re: Install failes (Initializing Java Virtual Machine...)

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 16:30:54 +0400

As with any other supported OS, for JServer to install correctly, you need to set java_pool_size to appropriate amount in init.ora file (30M at least, I'd recommend setting it to 50M or more to be completely sure it will not run out of memory sooner or later). After fixing this parameter and restarting Oracle, connect / as sysdba and issue
  create or replace java system;
and then sit back and relax for it will take some time. :)