Re: Where to download Oracle 8.1.6 for Solaris SPARC 2.6, please ?

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 16:25:24 +0400

Keep in mind that 8.1.6 is reaching end of life (it will be desupported next month). Maybe you'd better go for 8.1.7, the most stable and feature-rich release of 8i. I won't recommend 9i now as it seems to be rushed out too early (having a first full-blown patchset released in 3 months after product release is not usual for Oracle...)