Re: Corruption of Data Blocks on Oracle 8.1.7.1 and 8.1.7.0 and 9.0.1 under Redhat 7.1

From: Eric P. Meyer <eric_at_salmontrap.com>
Date: 8 Sep 2001 14:21:01 -0700

Vladimir,

Thanks for your answer.

According to Oracle's metalink, Redhat 7.0 is officialy certified & supported for Oracle 8i. And RedHat 7.1 is now certified with the 9.0.1 version.
I did indeed set DBWR_IO_SLAVES to 4 and it is still much slower than with asynch io's. Also, do you have any idea which piece of software would cause corruption thru the asynch io's?

Eric