Beyong Oracle DBA

From: Dino Hsu <dino1.nospam_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 22:37:16 +0800

Dear all,

Many people in this news group are experienced Oracle DBA's. Oracle, as the best database products, and DBA, as the most professional experties of Oracle, are very much related to the data aspects of information technology. Therefore, I assume, part of the people will go beyond DBA and attain other data/business-related professional experties. Based on this thought, I would like to know those who also do:

1.data warehousing, data marts, OLAP
2.data mining or business analysis
3.ERP (SAP, peoplesoft, etc.)
4.SCM (i2, etc.)
5.CRM (Sieble, etc.)
7.knowlege management
8.e-business or using Oracle e-Business Suite
9.technical or business consulting

Can you kindly share your experience in promoting your career compectiveness and the process of experties transformation? Please describe the most valuable aspects of the experties or experiences that you have.

The reason why I ask is that my coutry, probably like many other countries in the world, doesn't accomodate as many big businesses or headquarters of multinationals as those top industrialized countries do and doesn't need so many Oracle DBA's. I have to further promote my IT experties to get more job opportunities and less chance of getting layoff in the up-coming era of knowledge economics.

Your comments are highly appreciated.

Dino Received on Sat Sep 08 2001 - 09:37:16 CDT