Exclusive Mode Problem

From: Marc <mstaheli_at_mail.sdsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 14:14:48 -0700

Oracle 8.1.7.0.0
Win2000 Server

I have two instances with unique names in the same oracle home. The init.ora files have also unique names.
When I use svrmgrl to shutdown both instances, I have trouble to restart the databases.
Error: cannot mount in Exclusive mode. When I restart the server, both databases open fine.

What could be the problem? Regedit? Thanks in advance.

Marc Received on Fri Sep 07 2001 - 16:14:48 CDT