Re: How to shrink a database on Linux?

From: Stephen Ashmore <sashmore_at_neonramp.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 08:23:33 -0000

Check your datafiles:

   select * from dba_data_filesl

Find the file you want to shrink then enter:

alter database datafile
 '/your/datafile/name' resize 200m;

(Change 200M to the size you want. )
Note: It will only work if there is free space at the top of the datafile. it will not coalesce space together)

Stephen C. Ashmore
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Administration http://www.brainbench.com