Re: EMC RAID-5 and MultiPlexing Redo Logs

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 11:41:27 GMT

On Thu, 06 Sep 2001 20:40:24 +0100, Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>And DON'T listen to those nice folks at EMC who tend to insist that:
>
>- "Striping? Hell no, you don't that on our disks!"
>- "RAID-5, RAID-S? That will run brilliantly on our disks!"
>- "Sure they're really 20x18G disks, but our technology makes them seem
>like 40x9G"

Tehehehe! Ditto, eh? :-D

Saw the Platypus QuikPak at the local ORACLE user's group do. 390Mb/sec of transfer rate, battery back-up with mirrored disk back-storage, solid-state storage.

500K rows created and committed in 2 secs. Ideal for my redo logs! Yummy. Now I have to convince my EMC users to get an additional 6Gb of this stuff and their DB will "feh-lie"!!!!

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Fri Sep 07 2001 - 06:41:27 CDT