How to shrink a database on Linux?

From: Some One Else <algernon_at_spamcop.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 06:29:00 GMT

Ok, I finally got Oracle 8.1.7 to install on Linux Mandrake 8. I used the Dbassist to create the database. At that time I had about 400 megs or more left on a 1.8 meg drive.

Then I ran a thrasher test program. And it ate all my space creating the test table. So I dropped the test table. But Oracle hasn't relinquished the space it gobbled up. How do I get the database to shrink?

If that's not possible, how do I safely delete the database without having to do another (12th ?) nightmarish install?

Thanks everyone! Received on Fri Sep 07 2001 - 01:29:00 CDT