Problem with Oracle 8.1.6 installation on Solaris 2.6

From: Samuel Tran <stran_at_immostreet.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 19:14:55 GMT

Hello DBAs,

I'm trying to install Oracle 8.1.6 on Solaris 2.6 (SUN E420).

I already patched my OS using the latest patches from SUN.

My installation fails during the linking phase. I have error messages like this :

Exception thrown from action: make
Exception Name: MakefileException
Exception String: Error in invoking target ntcontab.o of makefile
/export/home0/oracle/product/

816/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk
Exception Severity: 1

Exception thrown from action: make
Exception Name: MakefileException
Exception String: Error in invoking target nnfgt.o of makefile
/export/home0/oracle/product/816
/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk

Exception Severity: 1

Has anyone had the same errors ?

I would appreciate anyhelp help.

Many thanks.

Best Regards.
Sam Received on Thu Sep 06 2001 - 14:14:55 CDT