x$ksmsp

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuck_hamilton_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 13:05:11 -0400

I'm trying to determine what is the largest free (or freeable) chunk of memory in the shared pool from the x$ksmsp table. Problem is I can't find any documentation for the columns and what the class and comment values mean. Would the following query give me what I want?

select max(ksmchsiz)
  from x$ksmsp
 where ksmchcls like '%free%';

If you can point me to a source that tells what the following mean I'd appreciate it too.

KSMCHCLS

R-free
R-freea
free
freeabl
perm
recr

Thanks in advance.

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuck_hamilton_at_yahoo.com

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he
will also reap. (Gal 6:7 NASB)

  • application/x-pkcs7-signature attachment: smime.p7s