Re: Max IO size

From: Kevin Brand <unixoracle_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 16:32:18 GMT

I'm not sure whether you can set ( increase ) it. You can at least find out what Oracle *thinks* it is by setting db_file_multiblock_read_count to some ridiculously large number, start the instance and then check the value in the SGA.

On my platform, with and 8k block size, I cannot set db_file_multiblock_read_count larger than 8. Well, that is, I can, but the SGA reports it at 8 regardless.

-Kevin

"Christian Lang" <clang_at_mediaprint.at> wrote in message news:6cf185c9.0109060439.4a285df7_at_posting.google.com... > "Kevin Brand" <kevin.brandx_at_tel.gte.com> wrote in message news:<9n63cl$926$1_at_news.gte.com>...
> > Check that your multiblock_read_count setting didn't get truncated to an
OS
> > limit. If you set it to 64, which would mean "64 8k blocks to be read
in a
> > multiblock read", you'd look for a 512k read. However, if the OS limit
is
> > 256k reads, then Oracle would truncate multiblock_read_count to 32 (
based
> > on your 8k block size ).
> >
> > Take a look at the setting in the SGA to make sure it matches your
init.ora
> > setting, as Oracle will quietly set it to the platform specific max
value.

> > -Kevin
> > "Connor McDonald" <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > I've got a sun (solaris 2.8) box with with datafiles under vxfs.
After