Re: the tunning process

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 18:07:49 +0200

"May" <sunxushi_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:8c0f1a9e.0109060743.4cf942bc_at_posting.google.com...
> who can intraduce me the process for tunning. the steps ,which view
> should see and what parameter should notice.what thing i should do
> it is a 24x7 database and envirment:
>
> oracle 8.1.6+ sun 2.x + weblogic application server +java

The tu*n*ing (why does everyone misspell that word?) process starts with reading the Oracle Performance Tuning Manual. You can't expect anyone in this group to abstract a 5 day introductory course in tuning *for free*.

8.1.6 will be desupped end of this month.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Sep 06 2001 - 11:07:49 CDT