Re: AS PORTAL 3.0.9 TROUBLESHOOTING WITH INSTALLATION

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 17:14:50 +0400

Well,

you can do 2 things here.

  1. connect to the db with sqlplus and do describe dbms_java If you get an error or an empty response, this means JServer option was not properly installed. Then you will definitely have to
  2. connect / as sysdba in sqlplus and issue this statement:

create or replace java system;

If this statement will succeed, you can be sure that JServer is correctly installed, otherwise you will probably have to increase java_pool_size and retry. There might also be not enough space in SYSTEM tablespace where JServer stores all classes, so you may have to extend it too.

When you are sure that JServer is ok, you may try to reinstall the Portal software and see if anything changed. The error you are getting actually indicates that Java system is NOT installed properly, otherwise dbms_java package should've been in place.

hope this will help,

    Bob.