Re: How to Run Servlets under 9ias Jserv1.1

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 17:01:42 +0400

Well,

the rule of thumb with Apache is "when you alter httpd.conf or any files it includes, restart Apache to make it reload the configuration." You can do this by sending SIGHUP on unixes or by stopping and starting the service on Windows. The only settings that are dynamically reloaded are those in .htaccess files and the vhost_alias_module virtual host settings, everything else requires you to at least restart Apache (or better yet, first run it with -t to test new configuration's syntax before reloading Apache with possibly invalid config which will cause server to fail and will result in http server downtime until you fix the config.) Also, make sure JServ module is loaded in httpd.conf (well, this requirement is pretty obvious :)

regards,

   Bob