Re: Any Final Verdict on Nr. of Extents?

From: Stephan Langer <slanger_at_dixi-wc.de>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 13:34:03 +0200

Hi Reza.

i remember seen an Oracle Whitepaper saying the number of extents (was for 7.3.4 Database) should not exceed 1000 (in tests performance was reduced at no. of 4000 extents and more). Sry, but i don't know, the exakt url of that whitepaper. Must be somewhere at oracle.com, suppose technet.oracle.com.

hth Stephan

--
Mit freundlichen Gr$B|_(Ben

Stephan Langer,