Oracle db file & redo archive file relocate question

From: Yibai He <hey_at_telecom.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 23:31:28 +1200

Hi,

I am try to move Oracle database directory and REDO archive log directory into a new disk (Mirrored), my plan is:

  1. Shutdown Oracle (8.0.5) & bring system (Unix Solaris 7) into Single user mode.
  2. Rename(Move) the database dir "xxxxdb" & REDO Archive dir "archive" as "xxxxdb.old" & "archive.old", recreate those two dirs (mount points)
  3. Mount the new hard disk partition under the two mount points, i.e. $ORACLEHOME/xxxxdb and $ORACLEHOME/archive
  4. Copy files from the ".old" dir into the new dir, i.e "xxxxdb" & "archive"
  5. Restart the system (init 6) (bring up the Oracle)

My question is: will this plan work? or do I need change Oracle configuration files as well (or other changes)? E.g files under "admin" dir.

Your help will be great appreciated.

Thanks lot
Yibai He Received on Thu Sep 06 2001 - 06:31:28 CDT