Re: Back to the future

From: Saikat Chakraborty <saikatchak_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 05:03:12 +0000 (UTC)

Dear Dino,
I feel having a standby database is a better solution for that. I used to maintain a 1TB database which have a standby database. Exporting the database
was out of question as the window was very small. The log switches occour
by half an hour frequency. There are a few instances when users dropped tables and came to me. In most cases my activity was to open the standby database readonly, export the needed table and import it back to production.
Takes less pain. But the resources...

Thanks
Saikat

--