Re: Max IO size

From: Kevin Brand <kevin.brandx_at_tel.gte.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 15:56:04 -0500

Check that your multiblock_read_count setting didn't get truncated to an OS limit. If you set it to 64, which would mean "64 8k blocks to be read in a multiblock read", you'd look for a 512k read. However, if the OS limit is 256k reads, then Oracle would truncate multiblock_read_count to 32 ( based on your 8k block size ).

Take a look at the setting in the SGA to make sure it matches your init.ora setting, as Oracle will quietly set it to the platform specific max value.

-Kevin