Re: create database - help

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 06:32:59 +1000

Big topic.

Interested as to why you've just installed a de-supported version, and one which is loaded with, er, 'unexpected extra features' (ie, b*gs).

Also, you haven't mentioned which operating system you are using, which makes offering advice practically impossible.

The short answer is, you can use the database creation assistant in OEM to do the deed relatively painlessly. Or you can issue the 'create database' commands in SQL Plus and do it manually. Either method is well-documented, and both require you to set up environment variables like ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID before you start.

Regards