Re: Can't connect through db-link using /

From: Lothar Dickhoff <dickhofl_at_ada.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 16:28:59 +0200

Terry Dykstra schrieb in Nachricht ...
>I have two 817 databases: PATEST & TST8 on the same NT4 server. For both I
>have in init.ora
>remote_os_authent = true
>remote_login_passwordfile = shared
>os_authent_prefix = 'OPS$'
>
>In PATEST I create a database link:
>create database link TST8 using 'TST8'
>
>When I login to PATEST using connect ops$tdd/xxx_at_PATEST then I can run a
>query over the dblink, e.g. select count(*) from mytable_at_TST8
>But when I login to PATEST using connect /@PATEST, then the same query
fails
>with ora-01017
>
>I can login to TST8 using connect /@TST8.
>I've included the listener.ora, tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora from the
server.

Hi Terry,

ORA-01017 means: invalid username/password; logon denied

your database link was not created correctly. Please create it as follows:

CREATE DATABASE LINK <linkname>

this should work.

an alternate:

CREATE DATABASE LINK <linkname>
CONNECT TO CURRENT_USER
USING '<sqlnetname>';

if you use the current user mechanism with stored procedures, views or triggers.

Regs. Lothar Received on Wed Sep 05 2001 - 09:28:59 CDT