Re: imp questions

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 12:18:46 GMT

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001 15:10:42 +0800, "Antony Mak" <cheong_at_broadway-ps.com> wrote:

>I always have to setup a testing environment by import (drop some tables and
>import it back).

How about truncating some tables and importing data only back? That will keep your setup as is.

>Can anyone tell me can I change some indexes' tablespace
>during import?

You can. Make it the default tablespace of the user you're importing to, make sure the user doesn't have rights to all tablespaces, and import using FROMUSER/TOUSER. Works for me.

>and What about the functions, procedures, package, synonym
>with the dropped and re-imported table?

As I said: set them up once, then truncate and import just the rows and indexes.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Wed Sep 05 2001 - 07:18:46 CDT