Re: limit number of connections on oracle account

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 05:09:54 GMT

Use resource limiting. You need to set an inti.ora parameter and set a limit on the number of connections for an account. Default is unlimited. One caveate is that if the client connection terminates unexpectedly it can take awhile for Oracle to detect it. Thus the 51st person might have a little trouble even if someone turned off their PC.

Jim