Re: Does Oralce 9 supports Java Objects ?

From: Sebastiano Pilla <etechweb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 23:03:23 +0200

Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam> wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Sep 2001 15:10:36 +0200, etechweb_at_yahoo.com (Sebastiano
> Pilla) wrote:
> >If you want to see how a persistence layer should be done, check out the
> >ACS Persistence system at <http://www.arsdigita.com/asj/>. Let's hope
> >they don't ruin their product by going too far on some fashionable O-R
> >mapping ideas.
>
> Thanks, will look it up.

Basically, what I like of the ACS system is that is doesn't take the full expressiveness of the SQL language away from me, and that it seems to provide a fairly easy mapping of the column data of a SQL query into instances of Java Beans. That way the queries could still be written and tuned by experienced DBA or by developers well versed in SQL, and the results could still be used as instances of Java Beans by Java developers, who may not need to be intimately familiar with the underlying data model (although familiarity with the data model makes them work better, but then I digress...).

Perhaps the ACS system is a little immature, but I'm confident that it'll grow in robustness in the following months. If everything goes well I'll be able to make some experiment with it in the near future. Received on Tue Sep 04 2001 - 16:03:23 CDT