Re: 'RULE' based optimizer on certain tablespace?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 06:54:33 +1000

Your understanding is correct. But if a table has no statistics, then whatever you've opted for, at whatever level, simply cannot work, and the optimizer must fall back on rule-based optimization.

So I guess your vendor means 'locate every table in that tablespace and delete its statistics'.

Sounds like an, er... interesting product you have there!

Regards