Re: oracle8.1.6 performance tunning

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 19:52:40 +0200

"jiang" <jiangcl_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:89ab2777.0109040550.22da0ac0_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi,
> When I using oracle8.1.6 enterprise edition on DELL
Server(PIII800,512M,40G)
> I do the performance test,
> after about 100 thousand operation of DB(operation means
insert/delete/query),
> Oracle's memory usage is about 300M, the whole machine is very slow,
> from now on,every operation to DB is very slow.
> I do not know how to optimize my oracle server,
> By the way, I use MTS & ADO to connect to oracle DB.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> J.C.L
> 9/4/2001

OK it doesn't work, but your post just doesn't contain any clues as to what is going on. 300M definitely isn't outrageous. So I think you should start reading the performance tuning manual now, and at least run utlbstat and utlestat or statspack (details on both in the performance tu*n*ing manual), and post the results here.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Sep 04 2001 - 12:52:40 CDT