Re: PL/SQL calling procedures from others

From: Lothar Armbruester <lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 18:41:04 +0200

Thomas Ruschival wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I wrote a procedure named "monatsbericht" it is in belongs to fp_dba.
> I am
> logged in as fp_dba on
> ORACLE 8.0.5 via SQL*PLUS and I can call this Procedure. I behaves
> just as
> it should.
> Now I want to create a job that runs daily using this Procedure.
> This Is my code, according to the Admistrators Guide and PL/SQL Packet
> Reference :
>
> SQL> EXEC DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT(1, fp_dba.monatsbericht, SYSDATE,
> SYSDATE+1);

[...]

Hello Thomas,
I think you have to give the name of your procedure to submit:

EXEC DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT(1, 'FP_DBA.MONATSBERICHT', SYSDATE, SYSDATE+1); The second parameter is of varchar2 type. I also think, the fourth parameter has to be something different (maybe also included in quotes) but I don't have experience with dbms_job, so this is a wild guess. :-)

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster       | la_at_oktagramm.de
Hauptstr. 26            | la_at_heptagramm.de