GLIBC patch fails on Oracle 8.1.7 on Linux

From: Fawad Halim <NfOaSwPaAdM_at_fawad.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 10:25:05 -0500

Hi,

     I'm trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on my Debian 'Sid' machine. Installation went without a glitch. Now, as I have glibc 2.2.4, I installed the glibc patch (using setup_stub.sh).

The "Patching makefiles as necessary:" section goes throught fine.

However, in the "Rebuilding client shared library..." section, I get a whole bunch of

expr: syntax error
expr: syntax error
basename: too few arguments
Try `basename --help' for more information.

errors.

 From my rather shaky debugging knowledge, I found that /u01/bin/genclntst is trying to execute expr statements like

expr /u01/lib/libclient8.a(kog.o) /u01/lib/libclient8.a(kouo.o) (kogsfp) : \(.*\)(.*)

where the expression is coming from /u01/lib/clntst_1.lis

I guess my question is whether anybody else has had a similar problem and the solution to it. Currently, I can execute all oracle programs except svrmgrl which is segfaulting. Could the two problems be related? If not, why's svrmgrl segfaulting?

Hope for a quick reply
-fawad Received on Tue Sep 04 2001 - 10:25:05 CDT