IFS crashed, no more able to connect both web and networkdrive

From: Michael Hinterseher <michael.hinterseher_at_vftis.spx.com>
Date: 4 Sep 2001 06:59:01 -0700

IFS Problems

Can no longer connect to IFS Network drive O. When right click on the IFS Drive
I get a message: "Can not connect to any WCP Server". If I try to connect through the Web Interface (JWS) I get "503 Service Unavailable" message.
We searched the log files as well as the property files, but found no solution.
It seems it has something to do with the Bug 146850. The funny thing is that the system is running not stable. Sometimes it works and sometimes not.
We think the problem was the web interface, which crashed while creating new ACL lists. We generated one, which was inconsistent (had a null reference). Therefore the webgui crashed. We were able to remove the invalid ACL with commandline tools. But after the crash the problems occurred. IFS was installed two days ago and ran fine at the beginning.
How do we get the system in a consistent state? Is there a kind of repair?
Any suggestions what could be the reason for the inconsistency?

Thanks
Michael Received on Tue Sep 04 2001 - 08:59:01 CDT