Investgating

From: <f_dubru_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 12:11:52 GMT

Hello,

I am having some information about Oracle 9i before planning a possible move to this DB. I am particularly interested in the Real Application Server but still have a couple of questions about availability.

After what I read, I understand that each node in a cluster has full data access making the system quite safe as long as at least one node is up and running. I guess by node, I must understand a processing node and that I still need a replicating data system (such as RAID5 or Legato) for the database files for full fault resilience. Is that correct?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Fred. Received on Tue Sep 04 2001 - 07:11:52 CDT