Re: Oracle on Linux 8.0.5 or 8.17 ??

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 4 Sep 2001 04:43:25 -0700

Kim <kim_at_costa.no> wrote in message news:<MPG.15fe99db9b668b9698968c_at_news1.c2i.net>...
> Hi..
>
> I an considering using oracle on some web-applications for the Netscape
> Enterprise Server..
>
> The enterprise server requires that the client library version is: 8.0.5
> However the linux version you offer for download is 8.17 and I assume
> that the client it comes with is aslo 8.17.
>
> Is it possible to use the 8.17 database with the 8.0.5 client ? Would
> that work well ?
>
> And if so where could I obtain the correct version of the client ?
>
> Thanks !
>
> Kim

Oracle offers 8.1.7 for Linux. This newsgroup is not sponsored by Oracle.
Any server package comes with the corresponding client. As Oracle is downwards compatible, you shouldn't have any problem, and Oracle 8.0.5 has been desupported, so you won't be able to find it anywhere on the Oracle site.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Sep 04 2001 - 06:43:25 CDT