Urgent qn on DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT

From: <nkt_sg_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 09:22:21 GMT

Hi
I have a question regarding the usage of DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT package.

To encrypt a data string, I will call procedure DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT .DESEncrypt, and passing in the input_string(pad to the nearest 8 bytes), supply the key_string and it will generate the encrypted_string.

My questions are
1) the key_string that I supply, must it be 56bits ie 7 bytes in length? Is it fixed?
2)what is the length of the generated encrypted_string, in terms of bytes?.

for e.g,
if I supplied a input_string of 16 bytes, what is the length of the output encrypted_string? I will need this length information so as to define my table's field size.

TIA
Have a nice day.
Regards
blur_sotong Received on Tue Sep 04 2001 - 04:22:21 CDT