Re: Help me install Oracle8i Personal Edition

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 06:51:33 +1000

Wouldn't be a Pentium 4 machine, would it?

There are known problems with 8.1.7 on Pentium 4's. There is a workaround available, and if you search this newsgroup on Google, you'll even find the precise Metalink bug number and workaround instructions... I believe it was posted here just the other day by Sybrand.

Regards
HJR "Magnus S. Petersen" <magnus_at_post.olivant.fo> wrote in message news:3b9376c9$1_at_news.olivant.fo...
> I hope You can help me on the following issue:
> I am trying as Administrator with FULL administrative privileges to
install
> Oracle8i Personal Edition; Release 3(8.1.7) for Microsoft Windows
NT/2000