Help me install Oracle8i Personal Edition

From: Magnus S. Petersen <magnus_at_post.olivant.fo>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 13:31:21 +0100

I hope You can help me on the following issue: I am trying as Administrator with FULL administrative privileges to install

   Oracle8i Personal Edition; Release 3(8.1.7) for Microsoft Windows NT/2000 from the purchased CD on my computer which has the

   Windows2000 Professional; Version 5.0 (Build 2195: Service Pack 2) The autorun executes and displays the startup window giving the menu choises Install/Deinstall Products
Explore CD
Browse Documentation
Choosing Install/Deinstall Products seems to activate the install program but
but nothing happens.
The installation is terminated without any erro.I have also tried through the DOS command line prompt to set the path variable as follows: c:\ set path=c:\windows\system32 and through the same session run the setup.exe, but the result is the same. I desperately need help.

Kind regards

Magnus S. Petersen Received on Mon Sep 03 2001 - 07:31:21 CDT