Re: db create tool hangs on "creating instance" 9i

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 20:45:42 +1000

Having just gone through much the same on Linux, I found the answer to my prayers to be to opt for a software install only, and then run dbca (Database Configuration Assistant) once the install was completed.

Worked fine.

Perhaps if you were in control of the process there might be some better indication of where it was failing.

Just a thought.

Regards