Need Help for instance and initialization file

From: frank <frankw_at_qd.lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 15:37:37 +0800

Hello,
As I understand, when I want to start a Database, the procedure is as follows,

1) Start up the instance;
2) Mount the database;
3) Open the database.

What I want to know is that, when I started up the instance, does it mean that I can only mount the database which is in the initialization file's db_name?

Thanks in advance
Frank Received on Mon Sep 03 2001 - 02:37:37 CDT