Re: imp-20 on importing a table with a dropped functional index

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 10:35:34 +1000

It drops columns which have previously been marked as unused by means of the 'alter table blah set unused column Y' command.

The set unused command simply updates the data dictionary to say the column should be regarded as hence forth non-existent. The 'drop unused' command then physically removes the data out of the rows stored in the table.

If you haven't actually marked any columns for being unused, the 'drop' command will do nothing. Worth a try, however... maybe import is simply confused!

Regards