Re: ORA-03113 when passing VARRAY into OCI external procedure.

From: karen <nausicaa4_at_caramail.com>
Date: 1 Sep 2001 00:25:17 -0700

ask_at_rust.formoza.ru (Alexander Kalinushkin) wrote in message news:<229eada2.0108270050.8cee4c1_at_posting.google.com>...
> I'm OCI newbie - just started using it.
> And i'm getting "ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel" when
> trying to pass VARRAY into external procedure.
>
> // My C function (Using MSVC 6.0 and Oracle 8i on Windows NT)
> int __stdcall coltest(OCIArray * oraclearray)
> {
> int result = 0;
> return result;
> }
>
> -- PL/SQL declaration of my external routine
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION dll_coltest (
> xtab IN pdlltest.varr)
> RETURN BINARY_INTEGER
> AS EXTERNAL LIBRARY dlltest
> NAME "coltest"
> LANGUAGE C;
>
> -- pdlltest.varr declaration
> create or replace package pdlltest is
> TYPE varr IS VARRAY(2) OF NUMBER;
> end pdlltest;
>
> -- test code
> SQL> /
>
> DECLARE
> xtab pdlltest.varr;
> result NUMBER;
> BEGIN
> xtab:=pdlltest.varr(1,3);
> result:=dll_coltest(xtab);
> END;
>
> ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
>

> What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

I don't know if it would be help you:

ORA-03113 end-of-file on communication channel

Cause: An unexpected end-of-file was processed on the communication channel. The problem could not be handled by the Net8, two task, software. This message could occur if the shadow two-task process associated with a Net8 connect has terminated abnormally, or if there is a physical failure of the interprocess communication vehicle, that is, the network or server machine went down. In addition, this message could occur when ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION or ALTER SYSTEM DISCONNECT SESSION were issued with the IMMEDIATE qualifier because, in those cases, the client's connection to the database is terminated without waiting for the client to issue a request.

Action: If this message occurs during a connection attempt, check the setup files for the appropriate Net8 driver and confirm Net8 software is correctly installed on the server. If the message occurs after a connection is well established, and the error is not due to a physical failure, check if a trace file was generated on the server at failure time. Existence of a trace file may suggest an Oracle internal error that requires the assistance of customer support.

For more informations ,

Visit http://technet.oracle.com ,it can help you Received on Sat Sep 01 2001 - 02:25:17 CDT