ora-1122 Is this due to a timestamp on the control file?

From: Fontzter <d.fontz_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 04:13:24 GMT

Hello All,

We had a problem where we can't get into a database. It seems that this may have been caused by a power failure. The error message in the log is ora-1122 signaled.

The big issue is that it seems that we do not have a viable backup from which to restore. Is there a way to recreate teh control file? This is an ADP payroll system running on top of the Oracle 7.3.4.0.0.

This is critical and any help would be appreciated. We don't have a savvy Oracle person on staff and I am trying to muddle my way through to a solution.

TIA, Dave Received on Fri Aug 31 2001 - 23:13:24 CDT