Re: Basic Trigger Question

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 18:35:43 GMT

This will hurt your scalability greatly and not get you any performance boost! What you are doing is saying anytime I have an insert or delete please do a full table scan. (or close enough) OUCH.

Instead you could run a job nightly that would do this (dbms_job) or there is a way to have Oracle maintain these stats. I would have to do some digging in the documentation. Perhaps look there. Probably under Administration.

Jim