ORA-01041: internal error. hostdef extension doesn't exist

From: vivek garg <lovey_78_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 31 Aug 2001 06:45:21 -0700

hi all ...

i have found lotta messages and explanations related to the my query .. still posting it once again as nowhere any particular solution is specified.
i got end of communication channel prior to 01041 ... various ppl got this erro r in numerous situation ..heres mine.

i can log in using sqlplus from the remote m/c using the same alias which my program is using.
server is running fine. and i dont see any error messages in alert.log.
also my other progrmas which doesnt involve any transactions are running fine.only this program which starts a transaction with teh same server fails to go ahead and throws this error. mebbe this cud be becaus am using 815 client on NT on 816 server on solaris.
am trying to replace it with 816 client just for the heck of it

any help wud be most appreciated.

regards
vivek Received on Fri Aug 31 2001 - 08:45:21 CDT