TAB character in Alerts

From: Simeon Theobald <simeon.theobald_at_nzdf.co.nz>
Date: 30 Aug 2001 16:07:49 -0700

Hi,
  I've built an alert which provides me with the data I need, but I'd like to be able to copy and paste the information directly into excel. At the moment, the data pastes across with each line as one cell. I have tried delimiting with commas, but this is only effective if the data is saved from the email into a text document and then imported into excel. (clunky) I have manually built an e-mail using the [TAB] character to delimit the fields and this copied and pasted perfectly.

However.. I can't figure out how to pass the tab character in the alert e-mail. I have put it in as per you would any other spacing character, or label, but the resultant alert contains spaces and no [TAB] Perhaps I need to select the TAB character and pass that as another field?

Anyone solved this one before?

Thanks,

   Simeon. Received on Thu Aug 30 2001 - 18:07:49 CDT