Re: Oracle Certification

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_nospam.hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 20:57:58 GMT

OCP DBA certification or DBO certification? Assuming its DBA then:
1. Go to oracle website and see the requirements. 2. Books: Lot of books. Oracle 8i DB practise exams, Sybex has some cram books. Though you should get books which will give you a good idea of DB administration, backup, networking, and tuning. There are lot of books from Oracle press for that.
3. Training: Oracle provides ILT training for the DBA certification. Pretty expensive though. Go to oracle website and click on its education section to investigate this option.
4. There are sample questions provided by www.selftestsoftware.com . Questions are decent enough to prepare for the exams. Though the questions are a little pricey according to me :) I'm not aware of any brain dumps available for the DBA exam.

5. The best way is to go thoroughly through the Oracle Manuals ( oracle documentation available on oracle site). Combine it with enough practise and you should be ok.

Good luck
Anurag