Re: Keeping an Oracle 8.1.7 SGA in Physical Memory on Solaris 8

From: santysharma <santysharma_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 14:06:41 -0700

according to sun best practices doc for oracle -- The ISM is enabled by default by both Oracle and Sun. So you don't need to set it explicitly. However to make sure that the Prod instance locks its SGA in shared memory, you should start it first before starting test instances.. The LOCK_SGA paramater is useful only for HP. HTH
santysharma
Oracle certified DBA
Sun Certified System Admin